Regardless of how popular apple cider vinegar is, not many people will want to use them to lose weight – mostly because of the awful taste as well as the smell. One other reason is that science does not fully support the weight loss claims about drinking ACV. What about apple cider vinegar pills weight loss products though? Do they offer similar benefits as the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss? Because unlike apple cider vinegar juice, the pill form usually contains other ingredients, and its assumed that these extra ingredients make ACV pills more effective at weight loss. To see how effective they are, you’ll be seeing a comparison between ACV pills and shakeology.
Ingredients In Apple Cider Vinegar Pills
- Acetic Acid – because this is merely a dehydrated form of ACV, it contains just as much acetic acid. However, note that scientists don’t believe this acid can be effective in weight management.
- Polyphenols – work to eradicate free radicals from the body.
- Vitamins – the pills are especially rich in vitamin c and B. It’s mostly because of these vitamins that ACV is considered great for the skin and hair.
- Appetite Suppressants – maybe added into apple cider vinegar pills weight loss products. This will make it different from ACV juice, so it could help in losing weight.
- Cayenne – to boost your body’s energy consumption.
- Protein Blend – because plant proteins are considered less complete than animal proteins (although both are necessary), shakeology’s proprietary protein blend is made up of both. So it has quinoa, whey, chia seed, pea and flax seed.
- Green Blend – this mix is made up of phytonutrients, gotten from spinach, kale, and moringa.
- Probiotics – digestive aiding bacteria gotten from lactase,yacan roots and chicory roots.
- Adaptogen Blend – plants like reishi, astragalus and maca provide you with extra strength to get through extremely fatigued situations.
- Proprietary Antioxidant Blend – antioxidants helps reduce oxidization from the blood stream, excess of which can lead to increased toxins in the blood. This blend is made up of goji berry, pomegranates, green tea and bilberry.
How Do They Work
Apple cider vinegar pills weight loss products are meant to be taken with a lot of water. This is to create a balanced acidic environment in the stomach – note that since ACV pills are concentrated forms of acetic acid, you can’t just pop a pill, and hope it digests, like you’d do with aspring. In the long run, stomach’s acidic levels would be changed drastically.
From shakeology ingredients, you can see that one serving tries to provide you with as many nutrients as you’d normally get in a full meal. So unlike with ACV pills, you’d be losing weight on less calories, but full nutrients.
Do They Contain Any Fat?
One advantage of apple cider vinegar pills have over some of the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss is that you will get zero grams of fat from a pill. With shakeology however, you get between 2 to 3 grams of fat – which will add up if you take more than one serving in a day.
Taste & Consistency
You don’t have to worry about taste with ACV pills, which can be both a blessing a curse. A blessing because actual ACV juice tastes terrible, and a curse because you may actually develop sugar cravings – a problem you won’t have to worry about when drinking meal replacement shakes. Shakeology tends to have a creamy texture – although some users find it chalky, so try and find flavors you won’t get tired of.
There are no ACV pill flavors – just perhaps different milligrams, depending on who the manufacturer is (there are 285 mg, 500 mg and above). With shakeology, there are a wide range of flavors – from strawberry, cafe latte, vanilla, chocolate vega and vegan tropical strawberry. Each of these flavors can be prepared differently, mix with milk, water or blend with ice.
The cost of ACV pills will depend on the milligrams you’re getting, however, it is possible to find some selling for under $20, with more than 60 pills. Shakeology is one of the most expensive meal replacement shakes. You can spend as much as $129.95 on just one month’s supply of shakeology. Most of their users are dedicated though, because they value the shakeology ingredients used. But the price is still way above other similar shakes.
Wrapping It Up
As convenient as ACV pills are, it’s important for you to remember that they don’t provide even a quarter of the nutrients you need, and would get from meal replacement shakes. So in order to be safe, you need to make sure you’re on a healthy diet – it isn’t an option.